Peanut Butter and Banana Cake
- 3x (350g) ripe spotty bananas
- 1 cup (265g) coconut sugar
- 135g ManiLife Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 55g coconut oil, melted
- 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (315g) buckwheat flour
- 1 cup (100g) almond meal
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
PEANUT BUTTER ICING
- 1 1/3 cups (400g) thick coconut yoghurt
- 3/4 cup (200g) ManiLife
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c.
- Grease 2x 20cm cake tins with coconut oil and line the bases with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas using a fork.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Now add the dry ingredients and stir well (If using wheat flour, be careful not to over mix!)
- Evenly distribute batter between the two cake tins.
- Use a knife or the back of a spoon to spread out and form an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30mins or until a knife comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow cake to cool completely on a wire rack before moving onto the icing.
- To make the icing in a large bowl add all peanut butter icing ingredients.
- Using an electric beater, beat the icing until fluffy.
- Choose the cake with the flatter, more level top and make this base.
- Scoop 1/2 of your icing and spread using a knife or spatula.
- Top with the other cake, before topping with the remaining icing.
- Lastly decorate your cake with the dark chocolate pieces and banana chips.