Dan Dan Style vegan udon noodles
400g Future Farm Mince
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tbsp 5 spice
- 2 tbsp Manilife deep roast smooth peanut butter
- 1.5 tbsp chilli crisp oil or spicy bean paste
- 1.5 tbsp light soy sauce
- 0.5 tbsp black vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and grated
- 1-inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 500g udon noodles
- 1 small bunch Thai basil
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds
1. Fry the mince in the oil over a high heat, until golden and crisp, add the 5 spice with 1 minute to go. Once ready, transfer to a plate lined with kitchen towel, season to taste with salt.
2. While the mince cooks, add the peanut butter, chilli oil, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and 2 tbsp of warm water to a large mixing bowl. Beat together until smooth.
3. Once the water on the stove has come to a boil, add the noodles and boil for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Use tongs to transfer them from the water into the bowl with the peanut mix along with the Thai basil.
4. Toss everything together, loosen with a little of the noodle cooking water if necessary.
5. Divide the noodles between bowls and top with the crispy mince, spring onions and sesame seeds.
What happens when you mix ManiLife Deep Roast Smooth and Future Farm mince? 🧐 Dan Dan Udon Noodles of EPIC proportions 🕺🏻