Itsu x ManiLife Peanut Butter & Miso Aubergine
- 2 aubergines
- 2 sachets itsu miso'easy traditional
- 6 tsp soy sauce
- 5 tsp maple syrup
- 4 tsp ManiLife Deep Roast Smooth Peanut Butter
- 3 tsp water
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- sesame seeds & coriander for garnish
1. Pre heat your oven to 180°C then add some vegetable oil to a frying pan on a medium/high heat.
2. Slice the aubergines in half then score the flesh in a diamond criss-cross pattern. Pan-fry the halves cut side down until the flesh starts to turn golden.
3. While the aubergines are pan-frying, mix the miso'easy, soy sauce, peanut butter, maple syrup and water in a bowl.
4. Once the halves are golden brown, remove them from the frying pan and smother the cut sides of the aubergine with the miso & peanut butter sauce [make sure to keep some sauce for the end], then place them on a baking tray, cut side up and bake in the oven for 20-25 mins.
5. After 25 mins the aubergines should be brown and soft at the edges. Carefully remove them from the oven and brush with some more sauce before serving.
6. Service with some sesame seeds and coriander.