Nutty grilled strawberry & peanut butter porridge
- 8g macadamia nuts
- 5g raw coconut flakes
- 50g strawberries - tops removed and quartered
- 1 piece of raw dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 heaped spoonful of vanilla coconut yoghurt
- 2 heaped spoonful of Manílife Deep Roast Crunchy
- 50g buckwheat flakes
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 200ml cashew nut milk
- 1 tsp milled flaxseeds
- Start by toasting the & coconut flakes in a small, dry, non stick pan over a medium heat until golden.
- Preheat the grill to high and line with foil.
- Place the strawberries on the lined grill and grill until golden.
- Pop the mashed banana in the pan with the flakes, milk & flax.
- Stir over a low heat until thickened.
- Pour the porridge into a bowl, dollop on the yoghurt and plenty peanut butter, scatter over the grilled strawberries, toasted nuts and coconut.
- Sprinkle over the chopped chocolate and serve!
Porridge used to be just a sachet of Quaker Oats – now it is a chance to get inventive and experiment a little bit. @LeitchyCreates has done exactly this. *Drum roll* This is a porridge bowl packed with nuts, fruits and chocolate. It obviously pairs brilliantly with peanut butter, which is just another reason to love oats! We recommend treating yourself to this bowl of goodness on the weekend.
& Thanks to @LeitchyCreates for creating this wonderful recipe!