Vegan Chocolate and Chestnut Mousse
700g silken tofu
- 75g date syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180g Merchant Gourmet Whole Chestnuts
- 2 tbsp ManiLife Rich Cocoa Smooth Peanut Butter
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- 1 blood orange
1.Tip the tofu into a clean cloth and squeeze out any moisture.
2. Tip the tofu, syrup, vanilla and all but one of the chestnuts into a high-powered blender. Dollop in the rich cocoa peanut butter and blend until smooth and silky.
3. Add the melted chocolate and blend once more, until incorporated. Decant into a large bowl and leave to set in the fridge for at least an hour.
4. Spoon the mousse onto plates, finely grate over the remaining chestnut and serve with segments of blood orange.
Get your hands on this vegan chocolate chestnut mousse this Easter. Recipe by Ben Slater.