Flapjacks Covered with Peanut Butter & Chocolate
- 270g ManiLife Deep Roast Smooth peanut butter
- 70g syrup
- 80g oats
- 25g vanilla protein (or more oats)
- 40-50ml almond milk (if using the protein powder)
- 120g chocolate
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp syrup
- 30g ManíLife Peanut Butter
- Line a tin with parchment paper.
- Over a bain-marie melt the peanut butter & syrup together for the flapjack base and whisk until creamy and thick.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the oats, adding a splash of milk if needed.
- Pour the flapjack base into the lined tray and press down firmly with your hands to make an even base layer. Transfer to the fridge.
- Break up the chocolate into a clean bowl and melt over a bain-marie (yep, again). Remove from the heat once melted and stir in the milk and syrup until it thickens and turns glossy.
- Spread the ganache over the base layer. Drop dollops of the peanut butter over the chocolate ganache and drag a toothpick (or anything sharp) through the top layer to create a funky pattern.
- Return to the fridge and allow to set for 1 hour (the wait can be difficult, we know.)
- Once set, chop into 16 squares and dig in!
Introducing Peanut Butter Flapjacks. You simply have to try out these beauties. They’re perfect for parties and friends popping round for a coffee. Insane flavours – and a great gluten free alternative but watch out for gluten free chocolate.
Thanks to @Nourishingamy for creating this banging recipe!