Brownies Stuffed with ManiLife Peanut Butter
- 280g dark chocolate, chopped
- 500g caster sugar
- 5 medium eggs
- 240g all-purpose flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 120g of Manílife Original Roast Smooth Peanut Butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 ºC and cover a rectangular baking tin with baking paper.
- Place a bowl above a pot of simmering water to melt the butter and chocolate.
- Use a separate bowl to stir the sugar, butter and eggs together (do it softly).
- Combine the two mixtures.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and salt together into the wet mixture.
- Pour the mix into the baking tin and smooth out.
- Drizzle the peanut butter over the brownie batter and, using a skewer or toothpick, create swirls (get creative baby!)
- Bake 160 ºC for 30 - 35 minutes. To check if the brownies are ready, insert a toothpick into the mixture. If it comes out covered in both moist crumbs and some half-baked batter the brownies are READY (you can thank us later, or bring us some..?)
Don’t over-bake the brownies, as this will dry them out (and let’s be real, no one likes dry brownies). Allow to cool in the baking tin for about 10-15 minutes, then remove the brownies from the baking tin onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Thanks to the wonderful @theloopywhisk for inspiring this mouth-watering recipe!