Michelin-starred chef Brad Carter Duck Massaman Curry
- 2kg duck legs, trimmed
- 2 tins coconut milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cardamon pods
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 tbsp Manilife peanut butter
- Sesame seeds & coriander for garnish
- 8 cloves
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 3 pieces mace
- 1 nutmeg
- 1 piece cassia, 5cm
- 5 cardamon pods, seeds only
- 20 dried long red chillies, deseeded & softened
- 3 tbsp lemongrass, chopped
- 3 tbsp coriander root, chopped
- 1 head garlic, chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 3’’ galangal, chopped
- 1 tbsp shrimp paste
- Palm sugar
- Fish sauce
- Tamarind water
- Pineapple puree
- Fried shallots
1. Add the cardamon & bay leaves to the coconut milk, then add & poach the duck legs until tender, cool the legs in the coconut milk.
2. Deep fry the potatoes & set aside.
3. Toast the spices & grind to a powder, add to the Manilife peanut butter.
4. Make the paste by putting all the ingredients through a mincer then add the Manilife peanut butter & spices.
5. Fry the paste in plenty of duck fat, then add the palm sugar to jam icy.
6. Add the ducky coconut milk & the duck legs, then season with the tamarind & fish sauce, enrich with the pineapple.
7. Garnish with the fried shallots.
We've partnered up with the unbelievably talented owner of Michelin-starred restaurant Carter's of Moseley...Brad Carter. Using his insane culinary skills, using Deep Roast Crunchy peanut butter, Brad has whipped up this mouth-wateringly delicious Duck Massaman Curry. Nothing will prepare you for THIS taste explosion.