Miso Banoffee Peanut Butter Pancakes
For the pancakes:
175g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 10g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 large Happy Egg Co. eggs
- 2 tbsp Manilife Deep Roast Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 130ml whole milk
- 150g caster sugar
- 50g butter, unsalted
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 160ml double cream
- Vegetable oil
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into 0.5cm thick rounds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
1. Tip the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and ginger into a large bowl, mix to combine. Tip in the eggs, peanut butter and slowly stream in the milk, beating all the while to form a smooth, thick batter. Set aside ready for cooking later.
2. Tip the caster sugar into a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until deep golden brown. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the butter, cream and miso.
3. Lightly grease a large frying pan and place it over a medium heat, once hot, spoon in half the pancake mix, forming 3 discs. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, until deep golden brown, then repeat with the remaining batter. The mix should yield 6 pancakes.
4. Load 3 pancakes onto each plate, sandwiching the banana slices. Liberally drizzle over the sauce, scatter over the sesame seeds and serve with plenty of mascarpone. Get involved.
Another absolute belter by Ben Slater for pancake day. These stacks are (quite literally) out of this world!