Apple & Peanut Galette
For the pastry:
- 180g plain flour
- 15g sugar
- 1⁄2tsp salt
- 140g cold dairy-free baking block, diced 40ml cold water
For the apple filling:
- 3 bramley apples peeled, sliced 50g light brown sugar
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ground ginger
For the frangipane:
- 70g blanched peanuts
- 15g plain flour
- 1/2tbsp cornflour
- 30g coconut oil
- 2tbsp aquafaba
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp dairy-free milk, I used oat
- 60g ManiLife Original Crunchy Peanut Butter
1. To make the pastry, add the flour, sugar, salt and cold dairy-free baking block to a food processor and pulse. Slowly add in the cold water and pulse again until a dough forms. Cover and chill for 30 mins.
2. To make the apple filling, add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Leave to sit for 10-15 mins while you make the frangipane.
3. In a food processor, blitz the peanuts until fine, then add the remaining ingredients. Blitz until smooth and set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5. To assemble, roll the pastry into a large round on a floured surface to the thickness of a £1 coin. Transfer to a lined baking tray and spread over the frangipane - leaving a 5cm rim around the edge. Top this with the spiced apple mix and roughly gather and fold over the edges. Brush the pastry with dairy-free milk, sprinkle with a little sugar and bake in the oven for 40-45 mins until golden brown.
Drizzle with extra peanut butter and slice. Serve hot or cold.
Another melt in your mouth dessert recipe, this delightful apple and peanut galette with cinnamon is a lovely warming festive desert. Guaranteed to make your home smell unbelievable.